Fact Checked And Updated: June 1, 2023
In the lookout for a treadmill? We hear you, once you make the transition to a healthy lifestyle certain exercise equipment can take you to the next level; such is the case with a treadmill. If you are currently in the search for one, there are a few things you should know, which may or may not be suitable for you. This is the reason why today we’ll be telling you all about the Schwinn treadmill.
Whether you enjoy running outside, or on a treadmill, the key is to keep your body moving; but if you are the treadmill type you are in the right place. Finding the right treadmill for your type of exercise and body weight is key to your fitness goals and overall progress. A treadmill can also provide a great way for you to make use of your time in a more efficient manner while working out.
Before choosing the right treadmill for you, you should learn about the different types of treadmills and how they work. If you are new to treadmills, be aware that treadmills differ when it comes to the number of speeds, features as well as price. With many options in the market, choosing a treadmill may seem difficult. But if you are looking to hit some cardio the right way, a Schwinn treadmill could be the one for you.
Schwinn Treadmill FAQs
Does Schwinn make a good treadmill?
Most customer reviews of the Schwinn 830 Treadmill are positive; owners praise it as solid, durable, and well-cushioned for walkers. The main features of the new 830 Treadmill include a 2.75 CHP belt motor; a 55” x 20” workout area; power incline to 12 percent; and 22 preset workout programs.
Does Schwinn still make treadmills?
Take the first step towards looking and feeling your absolute best with the Schwinn® 830 Treadmill. It’s designed around you, with a cushioned deck for comfort, an intuitive console for convenience, and easy goal tracking for keeping tabs on your progress.
Who makes Schwinn treadmills?
Schwinn treadmills are built by Nautilus, an international home fitness company with headquarters in Washington State. Nautilus makes fitness equipment for five brands ranging from the rather basic Universal Gym Equipment (mostly strength trainers) to their luxury brand Octane Fitness.
What to expect from a Schwinn treadmill?
- Foldable Frames: In between workouts, Schwinn treadmills can be folded with minimal effort to maximize your living space. Small wheels are attached to help with repositioning as well.
- Quiet Operation: Belt motors for the 830 and 870 have 2.75 and 3.0 continuous horsepower, respectively. They can supply a good deal of force, yet operate quietly.
- Thick Workout Belts: The thicker a workout belt, the more durable and quiet-running it’s likely to be. Schwinn treadmills have thicker belts than most trainers in their price class. Additionally, these belts run over 2.5” crowned rollers, which approach light commercial grade.
- Standard Belt Sizes: A few inches can mean the difference between comfortable and cramped workouts. The 830 has a 55” long track, which is ample room for most walkers.
- Power Incline: To literally “ramp up” your workouts each Schwinn treadmill has an automated incline. You can improve muscle toning and increase your calorie burn by raising the 830’s track up to 12 percent or the 870’s track by up to 15 percent.
- Data Feedback: The 870 treadmill in particular provides quite a bit of feedback. Its data fields are Time, Speed, Distance, Laps, Calories, Heart Rate, Incline, Pace, Average Pace, and Best Pace. At the end of each workout, the Schwinn 870 calculates a fitness score. It also shows your fitness scores and other stats from previous workouts for comparison.
- Data Sharing: New Schwinn treadmills provide different ways to share your treadmill workout data with tracking programs. The 870 has Bluetooth for syncing your data with Schwinn Trainer, MyFitnessPal, and other personal training apps. While the Schwinn 830 has a USB port for data sharing.
- Wireless Heart Rate Reading: Both models support wireless and grip heart rate monitoring. The Schwinn 870 treadmill includes a wireless chest strap, but not the 830.
- RunSocial Compatibility: Schwinn is partners with RunSocial, a popular mobile fitness app for running with a mix of free and paid features.
- Built-In Training Programs: Mobile apps like RunSocial are successful because of home exercisers like the digital running environments (virtual landscapes) and the customized training suggestions.
- Console Amenities: Each cardio trainer console has a media shelf, a USB charging port, MP3 speakers, two bottle holders, and a three-speed fan.
What are the downsides of the Schwinn treadmill?
- Thinner Deck: Most good home treadmills have 1” thick decks or running surfaces. Schwinn uses an approximately 3/4“ deck for the 830 treadmills.
- Suspension: Suspension for the 830’s track is light compared with what the Schwinn 870 and other home treadmills provide.
- Warranties: Warranties for the Schwinn treadmill brand have improved over the past several years, but they still aren’t competitive. Notably, Schwinn frames and motors only have 10-year warranties, whereas just about every competitor provides lifetime frame and motor replacement.
Schwinn 570T Treadmill
It blends an intuitive design with user-friendly technology for an effective, enjoyable cardio workout experience.
The super quiet and powerful 570T offers loads of workout programs, Bluetooth connectivity, and Explore the World compatibility; so you can virtually run courses all over the world without walking out the door.
26 programs including manual, quick goal, train, weight control, heart health, interval, and custom workouts. Schwinn Fitness Score calculates the user’s current fitness level after the completion of each workout.
- Workout Programs
Schwinn 830 Treadmill
Take the first step towards looking and feeling your absolute best with the Schwinn 830 Treadmill. It’s designed around you with a cushioned deck for comfort, an intuitive console for convenience, and easy goal tracking for keeping tabs on your progress.
22 preset exercise programs: including manual, quick goal, train weight control, heart health, interval, and custom workouts. High resolution, blue backlit LCD screen offers increased visibility to programs and goal tracking
SoftDrop folding system to easily move or store the treadmill. Speed range of 0-12 MPH to easily increase or decrease your pace.
- LCD Screen
- Exercise Programs
Schwinn 510T Treadmill
Free of boundaries and full of possibilities, the Schwinn 510T Treadmill is the affordable, indoor cardio solution designed to keep you active and built for the journey ahead.
Featuring a backlit LCD screen, 16 intuitive workout programs, a 51cm x 140cm running belt, and a SoftDrop folding design for easy storage, the 510T offers quality, affordability, and a one-way ticket to a life well-lived.
Plus, sync your 510T treadmill with the Explore The World app, allowing you to run around the world from the comfort of home. No matter your fitness level, no matter your end goal, escape into your workout with the Schwinn 510T Treadmill.
- Blue Backlit LCD Display
- Softrak Cushioning System
- Transport Wheels
Schwinn 870 Treadmill
The Schwinn 870 treadmill is an affordable and decent treadmill for its price range, though it is not one of the best treadmills in its price range.
There is some interesting fitness tech available on the 870, with an average number of workout programs, but the warranty is sadly lacking. With white-on-black lettering, the 870 console is easy to both read and use. The buttons are responsive and the dual screens are handy when tracking your workout.
Short warranties always concern us as to the durability of a treadmill, even if the 870 feels fairly sturdy. With the ability to sync with RunSocial, you can compete and encourage friends who live all over the globe.
- 3 LCD screens
- PreInstalled Workout Apps
- Heart Rate Monitoring
Schwinn 840 Treadmill
The Schwinn 840 has a 2.5 HP Motor, 10 Max MPH, and 10% Incline. It’s actually not as powerful as we would expect. The cushioning system for this model is alright.
Schwinn uses a Softrak™ suspension deck to help minimize the impact on your joints, but it could stand to be a little stronger.
One of the better features of the 840 is that it comes with 20 workout programs. The tread belt is cut short and is only 20″ wide x 55″ long.
- Workout Programs
- 2.5 HP Motor
Features to Look for in a Schwinn Treadmill
-A durable treadmill that will last you for years to come
-A comfortable treadmill with a variety of settings to help you find the perfect workout
-An affordable treadmill with all of the features you need to get a great workout in
-A treadmill that is easy to use and has a variety of features to keep you motivated
-A treadmill that is compact and can be easily stored away when not in use.
Is Schwinn a good treadmill brand?
There are a lot of good treadmill brands, but Schwinn is one of them. They make some great treadmills and have a lot of experience in the industry. That said, you should always do your research before buying a treadmill to make sure it’s the right fit for your needs.
How much is Schwinn 830 treadmill?
The Schwinn 830 treadmill costs $799.99 on Amazon.
Which treadmill is the most reliable?
The most reliable treadmill is the one that has the longest warranty.
When shopping for a treadmill, be sure to look for one with a long warranty. This will ensure that you’re getting a treadmill that is made with high-quality materials and is likely to last for years. A long warranty is also a good indicator that the company stands behind its product and is confident in its durability.
How much does a Schwinn treadmill weigh?
Schwinn treadmills weigh anywhere from 100 to 300 pounds, depending on the model. The average weight is around 200 pounds.
Does the Schwinn 810 treadmill have Bluetooth?
Yes, the Schwinn 810 treadmill has Bluetooth.
Can you use Echelon stride without a subscription?
Yes, you can use Echelon stride without a subscription. While a subscription is not required to use the platform, there are certain benefits that come with subscribing, including access to more features and support. If you’re interested in subscribing, you can find more information on our website.
Echelon offers a free trial so that you can explore all the features of the platform and decide if it’s right for you. After the free trial, you can choose to subscribe or continue using Echelon stride without a subscription. However, keep in mind that some features will be locked behind a paywall. Thanks for considering Echelon as your fitness partner!